Monday, October 20, 2008

BLUE MONDAY

Good Day To Everyone! I am excited to participate today in Blue Monday hosted by Sally at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ . Make sure to stop by her blog and see the wonderful blues that others are posting. Here are mine for today. I took pictures of a few items in my kitchen.
This is one of my favorite vintage pyrex patterns, Butterprint Amish Rooster in an aqua blue color. This is the last piece I have. I had a casserole dish and set of nesting bowls but when I moved, they broke. So I use this little guy as my butter dish and my garlic spot! LOL
Here is one of two vintage Lenox figurines that my father bought my mother. When my parents moved, my mom gave them to me for my home. If you enlarge the photo you can see how amazing the mother and childs faces are. Being I love this, it has special meaning to me.
Here is a collection of mini teapots. Doesn't the blue forget-me-nots look so pretty. I have a collection of teapots, teacups and other items related to teatime throughout my house! My mom used to make us tea when we were sick. So my sister and I have really taken that and have continued the tradition in our lives. It is really nice to create traditions because I think that it really helps to cultivate family. And as a mother, I am trying to create sweet memories for my girls! Have a wonderful day. hugs, Ellen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful blue Monday post Ellen! I LOVE the fugurine from your mom, that is fabulous! How sweet to have that cherished piece. I love your tea pots too, oh my goodness, what a fabulous collection!!!!

Love you,
Amy

squawmama said...

Ellen... Love your post today... I especially love the Lenox mother & child staute... Just stunning and your tea pots... very nice.. Great Blue Monday POST!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love those sweet teapots. How can you not smile when you see forget-me-nots? They are lovely!
Laura
xxx

Christie said...

Hey Ellen!
That aqua blue rooster pyrex dish is so cute...I am lovin' that shade of blue these days alot! The mother with child figurine is so sweet ...it's just precious and I know it holds a special place in your heart too. I am a big fan of teapots too...yours are beautiful...I bet they will become very special to your girls too, as the years pass by. Hope you have a great night!
xoxo,
Queenie

The Little Miss said...

hi sweetie, I need ur info to join the swap. It closes friday!

Pink Slippers said...

I loe the pyrex, figurine and the teapot. SOOO cute!!

Shirl said...

Hi Ellen, very pretty things here for blue monday. I have that same figurine. She is so pretty. I have a post coming soon that will have her in it. That pyrex bowl is so pretty too! Love it!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls ROse Cottage