Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Banana Bread Recipe!

So! What do you do when LIFE gives you mushy bananas? You make Banana Bread! I was going to make zucchini bread next but because I had all these browning bananas, I decided to make banana bread. The recipe is at the end of the post and it is the easiest recipe ever! My Mom made it for us when we were kids and I was so happy when she gave me the recipe.
I think it is so important to get your children involved. So I have been getting my daughters to help with baking. It is a great bonding experience for us thre girlie girls! Audrey loved helping me make this bread. Jane joined us but my camera needed to be recharged!

Look at those bananas!

Audrey doing a great job mixing the wet ingredients!

Of course she had to do her cutsy pose. I just love it!

And...vwala! The banana bread is done!

There is only one slice left! This is such a moist and yummy recipe! And when you smoother it with peanut butter, you are in heaven!!!

1 stick butter (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2-3 bananas (I use three)
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. hot water
1 tsp. vanilla (I always let it overflow)


1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Mash the bananas and then add butter, sugar, eggs.
3. In small bowl or cup, add the baking soda and hot water together to disolve soda.
4. Add soda to wet ingredients.
5. Sift flour and nutmeg in seperate bowl and then add to wet ingredients.
6. Beat on medium until completely blended.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Then change temperature to 325 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes or bread might fall apart.


Enjoy! hugs, Ellen







4 comments:

squawmama said...

Ellen... thank you so much... that recipe went roight into my buddies recipes folder...Love bannab nut bread...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Mmmmm.... I love banana nut bread. And your little one is just so cute helping!! :)
~Becca~

Unknown said...

Audrey is so CUTE!! Love the pose :) And banana bread is one of my favorite comfort foods! Thank you so much for this recipe :)

Love ya,
Amy

Christie said...

Yum! I love banana bread...Looks like you have a wonderful helper there....cute cute!
xoxo,
Queenie
P.S. Thanks so much for stopping over and for your sweet compliments!